Saturday, November 26, 2011

Global Warming

I got research about global warming. These are the articles that I read (copy and paste them into website box to read them):

http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-article-display?id=S44-4241-0-4146&artno=0000291743&type=ART&shfilter=U&key=global%20warming&title=Why%20the%20World%20Is%20Getting%20Warmer%2C%20Even%20Though%20It%20Is%20Getting%20Colder&res=Y&ren=N&gov=N&lnk=N&ic=N

http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-article-display?id=S44-4241-0-4146&artno=0000284380&type=ART&shfilter=U&key=global%20warming&title=Global%20Warming%2C%20Global%20Myth&res=Y&ren=N&gov=N&lnk=N&ic=N

          Global warming is a problem about the earth getting warmer because of pollution. These articles both explain why global warming is a myth. They both state that it's actually getting colder, not warmer. For example, in one of the articles I read, it says that people believe that carbon dioxide is the cause of global warming, but as more carbon dioxide is going into the air, it's actually getting cooler. This supports the main idea that global warming is not real.
          This makes me think that this is why it's been changed to climate change instead of global warming. I  know that it is actually getting warmer in some places, and colder in others, so to say that it's getting warmer I don't really agree with. This leads me to questions about climate change, and makes me wonder why some places are getting colder, and some are getting warmer. Why is the world getting colder and hotter at the same time? I understand that some places are closer or farther away from the equator, so those places are hotter or colder, but if one part of the world is getting colder, why is the other part getting warmer? I'm also curious if people changed the phrase global warming to climate change because of disagreements like the articles I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment