Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Joyce's and Gabby's Reading Responses

          In Joyce's blog post "Gale vs. Peeta," Joyce compared Gale and Peeta in the Hunger Games. I really liked the structure of her post. The first paragraph was an introduction to the post, and after that were too paragraphs, the first one explaining Peeta and the second one explaining Gale. I thought this was a really good structure because the point was very clear this way. I also liked how she was very consice and stayed on topic throughout the whole post and explained the good things and bad things about each of them without getting off topic.
          In Gabby's post "The Glass Shatters" she writes about Kristina's drug addiction in Glass. I really liked how she had a lot of text evidence to support her main idea. Also, she put quotes in to support her point further. She elaborated a lot on her point and the text evidence. I also liked how she mentioned the message of the book in the conclusion. I thought that was really interesting.
          I will improve my blog posts by trying to stay on topic more. I noticed that sometimes I get off topic in my blog posts, but after reading Joyce's reading response, I will try to stay more on topic. Also, I almost never add quotes in my posts, but now I will try to add at least one quote in each of my entries. After reading Gabby's post, I realized how a quote can support the main idea of a post a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment